Child Protection Policy
AHEAD Association is a non-governmental organization that carries out activities and implements projects for beneficiaries with socially disadvantaged backgrounds.
The work carried out by our organization is focused on children, families and communities for social inclusion.
Within the AHEAD Association there are mechanisms and means of child protection aimed at preventing and responding to situations of exploitation, neglect, abuse and other forms of violence.
Guided by moral principles, we try to ensure that children are protected against all forms of abuse or violence in families, schools, institutions and communities.
Activities and projects implemented facilitate the social reintegration of children who have been affected by abuse, neglect or exploitation.
Also, the ongoing activity supports prevention:
• physical or emotional abuse;
• neglect and negligent behavior;
• traditional harmful practices and violence directed against children both in the family and in the community;
• any risk situations for children in communities or families.
Employees, collaborators and volunteers of the AHEAD Association will always show the most responsible behavior towards children as follows:
• It is committed to showing that they are aware of the difficulties in infringing the rights of the child.
• Undertakes to reduce risks to prevent any harm to minors.
• Undertake to know any suspicions of abuse and what actions should be taken to prevent or combat them.
• Undertakes to take effective action in response to identified or reported abuse.
Employees, collaborators and volunteers of the AHEAD Association are strictly forbidden:
• hitting, physical abuse or emotional abuse of a minor;
• have attitudes towards children that could adversely affect their harmonious development and physical integrity;
• act with behaviors that can be considered as negative examples for children;
• act in ways that might be abusive or could put children at risk of exploitation or abuse;
• use inappropriate language, offensive or discriminatory remarks;
• behave inappropriately or sexually challenging;
• stimulate with money or obtain favors in exchange for the disposal of material goods.
AHEAD Association encourages employees, collaborators and volunteers as follows:
• be vigilant in identifying situations that could be dangerous to minors and know how to manage them;
• report any suspicion or certainty about possible abuse or ill-treatment against a minor;
• organize work so as to minimize risks of any kind;
• ensure that other members of the organization act responsibly in dealing with children;
• develop skills and abilities for children to discuss their rights and provide information on solving any problems;
• maintain a high professional standard in working with children;
• respect the children’s rights to treat them fairly, honestly and with dignity;
• encourage the participation of children in order to develop their self-protection capacity.
President AHEAD Association